Register now for immediate access to this program.Register Now
for IP & Entertainment Section Members
$40 for Members
$50 for Non-Members
$0 for CLE Passport Holders
$0 for Law Students
March 17, 2021
Memphis Bar Association
Elvis, Entertainment, Estates, Intellectual Property, Music
1. Early Estate: The Context:
• Status of Estate: Could not pay all its debts.
• Claims v Estate
• Suit v Colonel Parker and RCA
• Management Team 1981:
• Co-Executors: Priscilla Presley Joseph Hanks, CPA NBC Trust - Jim Roscoe
• Joseph Rascoff, CPA
• Jack Soden
• C.B. Ward, Attorney
2. The Will - Deborah D. Presley v Estate (handout)
3. Legal cases re: name and likeness (handout)
• Memphis Development v Factors, Inc.
•State ex rel: The Elvis Presley International Memorial Foundation v Crowell and Elvis Presley Enterprise, Inc. Intervening Defendant
• Elvis Presley Enterprises, Inc. v Elvisly Yours
4. Licensing Projects
5. U.S. Postal Service Stamp Program
6. National Law Journal article (handout)
7. Libel Action in U.K. (handout)
8. Entertainment: Licensing Movies TV Impersonators
9. Articles re: Elvis law (handout)
10. Lasting Impact
Program Titles and Supporting Materials
This program contains the following components:
If applicable, you may obtain credit in multiple jurisdictions simultaneously for this program (see pending/approved list below). If electing credit for this program, registrants in jurisdictions not listed below will receive a Certificate of Completion that may or may not meet credit requirements in other jurisdictions. Where applicable, credit will be only awarded to a paid registrant completing all the requirements of the program as determined by the selected accreditation authority.
How to Attend
Join the self-paced program from your office, home, or hotel room using a computer and high speed internet connection. You may start and stop the program at your convenience, continue where you left off, and review supporting materials as often as you like. Please note: Internet Explorer is no longer a supported browser. We recommend using Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Safari for best results.
You may access this course on a computer or mobile device with high speed internet (iPhones require iOS 10 or higher). Recommended browsers are Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.