2018 Summer Law Internship Program has begun!
The High School Summer Law Intern Program provides experience in the daily legal workplace of private law firms, corporate law divisions or governmental law offices.
The legal profession includes many different kinds of law and many different types of practice, ranging from trial attorneys to in-house corporate counsel.
The participating workplaces are asked to provide them with a perspective of the legal practice in Memphis by accompanying lawyers to court; assisting lawyers in case preparation; observing the negotiation or closing of a business transaction, etc.
Internships run from June 4-29, 2018.
- Interns must meet the following requirements:
- minority high school students in good standing
- who will begin their junior or senior year of high school in August 2018
- residents of, and attend school in, Shelby County.
Applicants previously accepted into the program are not eligible.
Application & Selection Process
- March 30, 2018 - Application submission deadline
- April - Group Interviews
- May - Notification of Acceptance
- June 4 - 29, 2018 - Program dates