The Memphis Bar Association offers a Mentoring Program for attorneys who would benefit from a mentoring relationship, either with CLE credit or without CLE credit.
To receive CLE credit as a mentor, you must
- Take mentor training approved by the Tennessee Commission on CLE. (The MBA provides mentor training approved by the CLE Commission.);
- Be certified as a mentor by the Tennessee Supreme Court;
- Participte in an approved Mentoring Program (The MBA's Mentoring Program is approved by the CLE Commission).
To receive CLE credit for being mentored, you must
- Must practice law in Tennessee;
- Be in the first 3 years of practice following graduation from law school, participation in a judicial clerkship, or the active practice of law in another state; and
- Have graduated from law school no more than 5 years prior to participating in the Mentoring Program.
Mentors and Beginning Lawyers may receive up to 6 hours of CLE credit for participating in an approved Mentoring Program.
Without CLE Credit
Attorneys may participate in an informal mentoring program, but will not receive CLE credit.
If you wish to serve as mentor (either with or without CLE credit), please complete the mentor application.
If you wish to have a mentor assigned to you, please complete the mentee application.
Questions? Contact Anne Fritz at 901.527.3575; afritz [at] memphisbar [dot] org.